REMOTE AUDITING SOLUTIONS
REMOTE AUDITING SOLUTIONS
Oleh: Ignatius Edward Riantono, S.E., M.Ak.
ABOUT REMOTE AUDITS
A remote audit is one that is conducted partially, or completely, off site using mobile or desktop applications. The audit will consist of everything that is typically included in an onsite audit. Personnel with responsibilities pertaining to the audit plan will need to be available for their relevant parts of the audit. Top management will also need to be available for relevant parts of the audit, including the opening and closing meetings.
HOW REMOTE AUDITS WORK
Details of your specific audit may vary, but the overall process will likely go as follows:
- Remote audit planning & assessment of available ICT tools
- Schedule remote audit
- Communication with your auditor on logistics and technology details
- Client to prepare and submit relevant documents
- Audit occurs
- Receive audit report
- Correct any nonconformities
- Receive certificate (where applicable)
GETTING READY FOR YOUR REMOTE AUDIT
Prior to the start of your audit, there are a few things you will need to get ready to ensure your auditor has everything he/she might need. Things to consider include:
- Key Personnel – your designated personnel will need to be available throughout the entire audit. Top leadership should be prepared to be available during the opening and closing meetings, as well as various times throughout the audit if questions arise
- Documentation – your auditor will likely ask you to email various documents so they can be reviewed remotely, including internal audit records and plans, management meeting minutes and actions, complaints and corrections logs, any core processes documents, etc.
- Site Availability – some standards and certification may require a site tour. If this is the case for you, be prepared to have someone available to walk the auditor through your facility using a mobile camera or webcam. The details of the technology will be discussed and decided on prior to the start of your audit and production processes
- Internet Connection – a WIFI connection will be necessary to conduct a remote audit. Make sure to test the application or conferencing system prior to the start of the audit and familiarize yourself with the functionalities. Our Account Management Team can support you if necessary
WHAT ARE THE STEPS OF REMOTE AUDIT PROCESS?
WHAT ARE THE KEY BENEFITS OF REMOTE AUDITS?
- Maintain your certification
- Improved efficiency of the audit due to more flexibility and reduced travel times
- Save time and money as there is no travel required
- Maintain business continuity during the pandemic
- Prepare to re-start your activity when the lockdown is over
- Bureau Veritas. 2020. Remote Auditing Solution. Bureau Veritas News Apr 14 2020.
- SGS Indonesia. 2019. Maintain Your Certification With Remote Auditing Solutions. SGS Indonesia