IntroductionThe Accounting Study Program has been designed with future in mind, and it has won the support of the profession and potential employers. The Accounting Study Program has strong collaboration with Indonesian Institute of Accountants (IAI Global), Indonesian Institute of Public Accountants (IAPI), Indonesian Tax Office (Ditjen Pajak), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Chartered Accountant in England and Wales (ICAEW), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), CPA Australia, and also enjoys widespread support from major employers, such as the Big 4 accounting firms. Our state-of-the-art curriculum provides you with technical expertise in the field and develops your critical thinking, team-building, communication and information technology skills. BINUS UNIVERSITY - Accounting Study Program is accredited with grade A by the National Accreditation Board. Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catalog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF), Catalog 2017 (PDF)
VisionA leading and innovative Accounting & Finance department in the world that cooperates closely with accounting & finance industry and related institutions to produce professional accountants with extensive business, and information technology (IT) expertise.
MissionThe mission of Accounting and Finance Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Recognizing, nurturing and rewarding the most creative and value- adding accounting and finance educators and students.
- Educating students with the fundamental skills, knowledge and practice of accounting and finance in order to prepare graduates to be professional accountants in various industries and prepare them for pursuing advanced degrees in accounting, finance or related disciplines.
- Creating global leaders who distinguish themselves as professional accountants and finance with extensive business and IT knowledge in their work organization and communities.
- Contributing to the improvement of the body of knowledge in accounting and finance practice in Indonesia and global communities.
- Conducting research, professional service and career development in accounting and finance with an emphasis on the application of knowledge and quality of life.
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- To prepare students with solid technical skills and conceptual knowledge of accounting and finance.
- To prepare students with organizational and business knowledge to succeed in a career in accounting & finance.
- To equip students with information technology knowledge that is in demand by the accounting and finance industries.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to prepare financial reports for business entities based on current Global Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GGAAP).
- Able to prepare management reports based on accounting knowledge to support planning, controlling, and decision-making.
- Able to analyze financial statements, management reports, business and control risks and give recommendation to improve effectiveness of entities’ financial performance.
- Able to organize audit field work in accordance to Global Generally Accepted Auditing Standard (GGAAS).
- Able to analyze and give recommendations to improve the effectiveness of accounting information system.
- Able to develop various solutions to solve tax problems based on tax regulations.
- Able to perform various type of auditing which include financial statement and management audit under relevant standards and give recommendation and opinions based on audit findings.
- Able to recommend and advise clients on the issues of taxation corresponding tax laws.
- Able to conduct sustainability report on a wide range of practical issues of sustainability accounting and managerial accounting.
Prospective Career of the GraduatesDemand for accounting graduates is strong, and the Accounting Study Program close ties to local, national and international firms give students a competitive edge in the job market. The program prepares students for professional careers in public, corporate and governmental accounting; personal financial planning and portfolio analysis; and consulting. The graduates can also continue their studies to a Masters Program (S2) in Indonesia or abroad. Furthermore, they can also become a Chartered Accountant, and then take a professional certificate such as Certified Public Accountant/CPA (Akuntan Publik Bersertifikat) and open their own CPA office. In addition, the graduates are able to work for a variety of local and international companies operating in the industries of manufacturing, trading, banking, insurance, public and government institutions, hospitality and service industry and much more.
Course Structure for Binusian 2020
|Track||Semester 6||Semester 7|
Prerequisites for Binusian 2020There is no prerequisite for this program
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2020Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No.||Code||Course Name||Minimum Grade|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||B|
|5||ACCT6034||Financial Accounting II*||C|
|6||ACCT6063||Financial Audit II*||C|
|Stream : Auditing|
|7||ACCT6079||Method and Practice of Computerized Audit||C|
|Stream : Taxation|
|7||TAXN6007||Sales Tax and Other Indirect Taxes||C|
|Stream : Managerial Accounting|
|7||ACCT6075||Method and Practice of Cost Accounting||C|
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Last updated :